Our mentoring program is dependent on the participation of industry experts interested in shaping our community by mentoring and supporting students in rigorous curriculum. Quality skill-based mentoring has been proven to be able to remove some of the barriers to career access and achievement and has been shown to provide academic and emotional benefits for students particularly at-risk youth.
- Mentors work closely with partner teachers and receive training and support from nConnect.
- Meet weekly or biweekly to support students for about an hour, during class or immediately after school.
- Share experience to help make connections between the curriculum and the real-world.
- Assist with college and/or career planning.
- Tutor with homework/assignments/labs, helping students better understand class material.